Spending hours doing lower value tasks, when you could be driving sales or other critical tasks for your business? You strive to improve constantly, but the day to day always seems to get in the way of resolving core problems with your processes.
Or maybe you don’t have a problem? Perhaps you are getting on fine with manual methods of managing sales activity and performance. Or maybe you think you are too busy to change. The learning curve and work to get data ready can be a huge mental block for some.
But maybe your sales aren’t meeting expectations, or you’re running out of time every day to work on the ‘big’ issues. Could your tools and process be part of the problem?
What is the cost of doing nothing on manufacturing CRM?
- Wasted time and communication breakdowns between sales and operations
- Wasted sales enquiries and leads that don’t get followed up. The number one sin of poor sales tracking, but this happens every day.
- Wasted energy worrying about sales performance in the absence of accurate and timely reports.
- Wasted time manually generating accurate management information, forecasts and reports that are incomplete, and out of date by the time you’ve pulled the information together.
- Wasted time searching for information in emails, folders, and taking up colleague time obtaining information that should be in one place.
- Wasted customer goodwill by starting from scratch when their point of contact leaves with all the info in their head and you’ve nothing to show for it.
- Wasted time on tire kickers, people who’ll waste your time but never make a decision.
- Wasted opportunities to improve customer account management, and increase cross selling potential by having a ‘joined up’ customer relationship management and sales database.
- Wasted hires. Do you really need to hire another sales person, or someone to do paperwork? What if your existing team was 20 or 30% more efficient?
- Wasted dormant sales leads that could be rejuvenated if only you had a way to capture them?
- Wasted opportunities to collect data on the results and failures to help prioritise behaviour
Bonus – wasted potential. How do your team members feel about the time consuming manual systems and the missed opportunities of your current systems? How long will they put up with them?
Okay so maybe we DO need a manufacturing CRM?
If any of these scenarios feels familiar, then a manufacturing ‘CRM’ system may well be the answer. BUT how do you make the right purchase? How will you make it a success? How will you embed the system successfully and get the most from it?
For that, you’ll need to look at your business process, and your business goals. Where is the waste in the current process? What frustrates your Sales Managers and Execs? What knock-on problems does cause for your Operations / Production / Procurement?
What is getting in the way of achieving their goals?
Most people will greet a new manufacturing CRM and MRP system positively if they can see how it will benefit them personally. Save time? Sell more? Less admin?
A Free Sales Person?
In our experience, the savings that individual users achieve can be anywhere from 4 to 8 hours PER WEEK.
That’s a week or two saved per year.
If you employ several people in your team, that saving could add up to a full resource.
Contact us to talk about your process. We offer workshops that help you identify your needs AND get buy in from the team, or why not book a demo to see how Flowlens integrated manufacturing CRM and MRP software customers work smarter and faster?