Flowlens Software for the Portable / Modular Buildings Industry
Flowlens is a user-friendly and joined-up Sales (CRM) and Operations (ERP) platform. For manufacturers and dealers of portable or modular buildings, park homes, sheds, and cabins, Flowlens increases productivity and profit margins.
Portable Buildings companies often have issues with:
- Creating accurate sales quotations for customer requirements.
- Laborious process to convert a sales order into a project/works order
- Time-consuming process to allocate stock to projects.
- Poor stock management, resulting in shortages or overstock.
- Disjointed systems and processes with information in multiple documents and spreadsheets.
Flowlens’ solution includes many features that enable Portable Buildings firms to unleash their potential such as:
- Sales Quotation Builder
- Purchase Order Processing
- Stock Management
- Project Management
- Intuitive Workflows
Sales & Tenders
In order to satisfy varying customer demands and requirements, portable (and modular) buildings need to provide quotations based on requirements.
Without an effective Sales system for enquiry, quotation and order management, this often means:
- Lead data is not captured and managed efficiently to convert into more sales
- Building specifications for the sales that are made are typically recorded paper or at best, spreadsheets
- Sales pipeline reporting is difficult or non-existent
- Difficult to identify why sales were won or lost
The challenge is to efficiently serve the customer from the beginning, right through until the building has been delivered.
Flowlens software brings best practice and understanding of portable buildings manufacturing which reduces wasted effort and duplication by streamlining processes.
This visibility provided by the CRM reduces risk, bringing clarity to the sales process with an overview of what qualified leads are in the pipeline. Likewise, more accurate production is facilitated with visibility of progress on projects and current workload.
Sales Order Processing
Sales order processing for portable buildings is often a manual, labour-intensive stage, involving:
- Handling available stock and build-to-order sales
- Spreadsheet updates & Email communication
- Manual Data entry into the company’s finance system, e.g. Sage or Quick Books Online
Flowlens streamlines data capture and information sharing between Sales and Operations.
Purchasing and Stock
Portable buildings manufacturers can easily lose control of stock management. They may not know what is in stock to start with and when a delivery arrives, they may not have a process to accurately record what is received. Stock management is often the first part of the business process that needs to get under control.
Flowlens automates the purchase ordering and receipt process and verifies what stock is on hand. It can also update your accounts software with received purchases and reconciles invoices with stock received. Stock can then be allocated correctly to the relevant sales orders and projects. Likewise, customer sales invoices can be easily raised on the finance system.
Production and Delivery
Flowlens enables portable buildings companies to track customers, stock and manufacturing process. Customer data is captured at the very first contact the customer makes and converted into sales leads, quotes and orders. Because all the data is linked, capturing the build data at a very early stage secures seamless creation of materials planning and job cards. In addition, Flowlens also controls stock, issues Purchase Orders, receives goods and dispatch notes.